Criteria and Categories For Membership
- Professional: Masters degree or higher in counseling or a related field that covers the basic principles of mental health counseling. Degree is from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- New Professional: Masters degree or higher recently conferred. Eligibility for one year only after graduation for current NYMHCA student members only.
- Student: Enrolled at least half time in a graduate program in counseling or related discipline. Not yet licensure eligible.
- Retired: Masters degree or higher in counseling or related field that covers the basic principles of mental health counseling. Degree is from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Associate: Primary work responsibilities are in human resources/personnel. Also eligible are undergraduate students who intend to pursue a Master’s in mental health counseling or related clinical field. *Note: Associates are not able to vote or hold certain offices
If you are joining NYMHCA and the Rochester Chapter for the first time, click here to be redirected to the NYMHCA website for membership fees and to complete the application form.
If you are renewing your membership, click here to be redirected to the NYMHCA website where you can log-in and renew. You will be asked for your last name and personal password before being directed to the appropriate form. *Note: When you are choosing your payment option you will be asked for the Tax ID of the Recipient. The Tax ID is 11-34578.
See our Benefits page for additional benefits of state and chapter membership!
If you have any questions, please email our Membership Chair, Lisa Cavallaro.