Click here to be redirected to the New York Mental Health Counselors Association where you can find a qualified licensed mental health counselor near you. You can also click here to find a few of our chapter members that also have a private practice in the area.
Who Are We?
Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHCs) hold a master’s or doctorate’s degree, and have over 3,000 hours of supervised counseling experience. We complete national accreditation and state licensure exams that ensure all Licensed Mental Health Counselors meet uniform, ethical, and professional standards.
There are thousands of LMHCs in New York State. Almost sixty graduate programs offer a master’s degree in mental health counseling.
Many national behavioral health managed care companies either employ or contract with LMHCs.
Counseling Services That Meet Your Needs
We provide services such as:
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Marriage and Family Counseling
- Group Therapy
- Adolescent and Children’s Therapy
- Integrated Mental Health and Primary Care
We work with you to address a variety of issues that you may be struggling with, including:
- Depression and Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Domestic Violence
- Grief and Loss
- Veterans’ Mental Health Issues
- Trauma and PTSD
- Relationship Issues
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Stress Management
- LGBT Issues
We Practice In a Variety of Settings
- Private Practice
- Community Agencies
- Referrals for Medical Practices
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Schools and Colleges
- Disaster-Relief Sites
- Managed Health-Care Organizations
- Women’s and Children’s Centers
Mental Health Counselors Emphasize…
- A Collaborative Partnership
- Building on Your Strengths
- A Belief that the Therapeutic Process Creates Hope, Health and Healing
Click here to be redirected to the New York Mental Health Counselors Association where you can find a qualified licensed mental health counselor near you. You can also click here to find members of our chapter that also have a private practice in the area.